Have you seen the new Roger Wilco Pennsauken? This building has stood tall since 1950, and we thought now was the perfect time to give it a face-lift. So this summer, we dedicated ourselves to remodeling the store and making it better than ever for our customers.
And now, since we have an improved look, we want to thank our shoppers for helping Roger Wilco get this far.
Here’s a look at where it all began:
The Background of Roger Wilco
Brothers Elliot and Joseph Arking acquired Roger Wilco in 1984, starting the family-owned and operated business we know and love. Because of the close-knit community behind the company, we base our foundation on family values and treating each customer like they’re one of our own.
That’s why we have always put such a large focus on variety, selection, great prices, and customer service — to ensure that the shopper always gets the best experience.
Fast forward to 2019 and we have two locations: one at 600 Route 73 North in Palmyra and one at 1001 Route 73 South in Pennsauken, where you can find the building with the signature dome shape and brand new appearance.
If you’ve stopped by our store recently, you’ve probably seen a few changes. Here are just a few of the new things you can expect to find during your next visit:
- Additional inventory. We’re always getting new arrivals, especially as we expand as a brand. The redesign gave us an opportunity to clear out some old product and bring in new flavors that our customers are sure to love.
- New product placement. If your favorite bottle or brand has moved around recently, that’s because we shifted some of our inventory to make clear sections throughout the store. Wine, beer, and spirits now all have designated and easy-to-find areas!
- Renovated special sections. Our beer cave, tap station, wine country, and beer hangar are better than ever since are recent renovation. Each station has an updated appearance to make shopping easy and fun for shoppers.
- A new wine tasting area. Our Wine Guy now has his very own area! Stop by the wine tasting area in the front of our store to try samples, participate in special tastings, and ask our Certified Sommelier Jimmy Quaile any questions you have about the world of wine.
Now that the store is finished, we’re excited to show you how far it’s come! Today, we want to bring you back to the dome where it all began to show our appreciation with a Grand Re-Opening Celebration!
You’re Invited: The Roger Wilco Grand Re-Opening!
On September 26-30, 2019, we’ll be celebrating our renovation with the people who helped us the most — YOU! You, your family, your friends, and the local community are invited to ring in a new chapter of Roger Wilco with us during this one-of-a-kind weekend.
Here’s just a little of what you can expect:
- Meet and greet with previous Philadelphia Eagle and current 97.5 The Fanatic host, Tra Thomas! (Thursday, Sept 26)
- Appearances, samples, and pairings from local restaurants
- Back Alley Barbecue (Thurs. 3-5pm)
- Tortilla Press Cantina (Fri. 5:30-7:30pm)
- The Bagel Café (Sun. 3-5pm)
- Alcohol vendor appearances, tastings, and swag
- Complimentary food and alcohol pairings
- Big-ticket raffles and giveaways (beer coolers and more!)
- Roger Wilco swag giveaways
- Bottle openers
- Beer Koozies
- Ping pong balls
- Mixologist appearance and samples
- Cigar rolling tutorials
- FREE hot dogs
- And more!
Every day has something different, so don’t miss out on the fun! After all, who doesn’t love a weekend full of free food, booze, and must-have prizes?
Everyone in Philadelphia, New Jersey, and beyond is welcome to join us the last weekend of September for this community celebration! Take a look at our social media, keep checking our website, visit the store, or give us a call at 856-665-3456 for more information leading up to the big event.